There are two ways to add users: manually or via our CSV template.
1/ Adding users manually
Click on ‘Add users’:
In the following screen you can fill in the needed information. The required fields are marked with a red +. The email address is the unique ID for a user to login to his/her account, if it is already used you will receive a notification.
You will see that at this level you have to select the correct group and branch for the user as well.
When you want to add more users, select ‘Create & add new’. If there are no more users needed, click on ‘Create’.
By default the Travel use on user level is enabled (once Travel is enabled in the 'Advanced Settings':
2/ Uploading users via our CSV template
If you need to add a large number of users, you can use our CSV upload. Via the company settings / users, you can download the CSV template by clicking on the ‘Upload users’-button
and then clicking on 'Download it here':
The CSV template will be open in Excel or Numbers:
- Column A: Email address of the user
- Column B: First name
- Column C: Last name
- Column D: Fill in the language ISO code (alpha 3). Current languages: English = eng, Dutch = ned, French = fra, German = ger, Spanish = spa, Italian = ita, Czech = ces, Portuguese = por, Danish = dan
- Column E: Fill in the country ISO code (alpha 2) - available on this list
- Column F: Fill in the branch name the user belongs to
- Column G: For the branch ID
- Column H & I: Fill in the group name and ID number the user belongs to
- Column J & K & M: Optional additional information for accounting purposes
- Column L: '0' = inactive - '1' = active
As a note:
We usually advise that users are set to inactive (= 0) until all of the settings are completed.
Do not make any changes to the template or the upload will not work. Leave columns blank if you do not need them.
Do not make typos in the branch or group name, otherwise our tool will create a new ones.
Change or add info to the profile
Once a user is created you can enter their profile by clicking on the name to:
- Add additional information: enter mobile number, select a distance unit / a default currency, etc…
- Add the user to another group
- Users can be given different responsibilities by assigning them the relevant ‘Roles’.
- Add a Company Card or change a ‘Personal’ card to a ‘Company’ card
Multi-edit user fields
It is possible to multi-edit some of the user fields such as language, country, ... by selecting the relevant users and clicking on the 'Actions'-button and the option 'Multi edit':
You can then change what is needed for all of these users at once:
The different roles explained
After you have added the users, you can define the different roles ( = permissions) they can have. If you click on one of the created users and you scroll down until you see ‘Roles’, you can activate them accordingly. (Roles can be enabled or disabled via the 'Company settings' / 'Roles'.)
- Personal: Every user has a personal account in which they can add/edit their own expenses.
- Administrator: The person who creates the company account will have as default the administrator role. This role gives you access to the company settings. It is highly recommended that a company has several administrators and they work as a team.
- Branch Manager: Is able to add ‘groups’, ‘users’ and assign roles to the branch(es) he/she is responsible for.
- Approver: The approver is the first (or only) step in the approval flow. The approver is mostly the N+1, for example the department manager.
- Controller: The controller is the final step in the two-step approval flow. The controller belongs mostly to the accounting, finance or another administrative department of the company.
- Director: Can view expenses of the assigned groups and create reports out of them.
- Finance: The only person that can create the accounting report, that contains only expenses that went through the complete approval flow. In case you have multiple branches the role of Finance can be limited to specific branches - to be activated via the 'Company settings' / 'Advanced settings'.
- Treasurer: This person can create and see the cash advances.
The approval flow can be activated in the 'Company settings / 'Advanced settings' on three different levels:
- Group level
- Project level
- User level
If a user belongs to the same group he/she is an approver off a notification will show in his/her profile details. In this case it is possible to assign a different approver for this for the expenses of the approver: