Sync from NetSuite to Rydoo:
Please keep in mind that the following are the ONLY information we obtain from Netsuite and ingress to Rydoo:
Tax Rates (legacy tax, SuiteTax)
The following Rydoo setup requires manual maintenance via Admin access:
1. Branches (Subsidiaries)
3. Custom Fields
4. Expense Rules
5. Reject Reasons
7. Second level approvers
Sync from Rydoo to NetSuite:
• Always set up and test Netsuite integration in SANDBOX ENVIRONMENT FIRST before moving to production. Apply all steps in the sandbox and only move to production if all expected results were achieved and errors were fixed.
Step 1: Find your NetSuite account ID
The most obvious place is your browser´s address bar.
• Log in to your NetSuite account.
• In the browser address bar copy the portion we show in the picture below (everything before .app.netsuite.com)
• Alternatively, you can go to Setup > Integration > Web Services Preferences > copy the account ID to a text file
****Make sure your page size is set to 1000.
Step 2: Install Rydoo Expense Bundle
After you successfully copied your account ID, paste it into the NetSuite account ID field and hit Install bundle button.
This will load Search & Install Bundles page in NetSuite. Please, confirm bundle installation. The bundle is installed when you can see the green checkmark under Status.
If the Install bundle button didn't work for you, you may install
Rydoo Expense for NetSuite differently:
Log into NetSuite as an administrator, go to Customization > SuiteBundler > Search & Install Bundles then search for "259729" which is the ID of our integration bundle. The name of the bundle should be "Rydoo Expense for NetSuite".
If you already have the bundle installed, navigate to Customization > SuiteBundler > Search & Install Bundles > List ****and update it to the newest version.
Step 3: Enable SOAP WEB SERVICES and Token Based Authentication.
Go to Setup > Company > Setup Tasks > Enable Features > SuiteCloud
Manage Authentication > Enable “Token Based Authentication”
SuiteTalk (web Services) > "SOAP WEB SERVICES"
Refresh the page.
Add Rydoo WebServices role to an Admin User or create a new employee named, for example, "Rydoo Integration" with Rydoo WebServices role assigned.
***Best Practice: We recommend creating a new User in Netsuite dedicated to Integration instead of directly assigning the role to an actual Employee profile.
Step 4: Enable Expense Reports
Go to Setup > Company > Setup Tasks > Enable Features > Employees > Time & Expenses
Make sure “Expense Reports” is enabled
If not - enable it and hit Save. Wait for the page to refresh.
Step 5: Create an Access Token
1. Now navigate to Setup > Users/Roles > Access Tokens
2. Click New Access Token
3. Select the application name: Rydoo Integration (Xpenditure Integration), the integration user (make sure that the Employee is always active.)
*If the employee does not have access. Go to the integration user's profile > Access > Roles > Rydoo WebServices
4. Select the role Rydoo WebServices, then press save.
5. Copy the token ID and token secret to a saved location on your computer. NetSuite only shows those one time.
6. Copy and paste the Token ID and Token Secret in a text file.
Step 6: Find your Rydoo Expense Report ID
1. Go to Customization > Forms > Transaction Forms > Search for Rydoo Expense Report from bundle 259729
2. Set as "preferred", then copy and paste the Internal ID of the form in a text file.
Step 7: Send Netsuite Information to Rydoo
Save the text file with the following information:
Netsuite Account ID
Rydoo Expense Report Internal ID
Send the text file to Rydoo Integration Specialist ([email protected]) or to your dedicated CSM.
We will test the combination of given NetSuite credentials and will let you know if we have issues with authentication.
Failed authentication could mean a mistake in any of the fields or that the 'Rydoo Integration' user is set inactive in NetSuite.
****Once Integration is successfully set up Rydoo Integration Specialist or CSM will contact you and you can proceed to the next steps.****
Step 8: Set Up Subsidiaries in Rydoo as Branches
1. In Netsuite, download the list of Subsidiaries by going to Setup > Company > Subsidiaries
List down the names of Subsidiaries and their Internal IDs. You can also export the data if preferred.
***Make sure that parent subsidiaries are skipped or deleted on the export file. Subsidiaries in Rydoo do not have parent-child relationships.
For example: Based on the screenshot below, we will only list down:
Honeycomb Mfg. – 1
Test sub – 4
Honeycomb Holdings Inc – 3 was not included because it is a parent Subsidiary.
2. Log in to your Rydoo account and go to Admin > Branches > Add Branch button
3. Enter Subsidiary names under Branch Name field
4. Enter Internal IDs of Subsidiaries under Branch ID
***It is important that the information Branch ID is IDENTICAL with the subsidiary Internal IDs in Netsuite. Otherwise, integration will NOT work.
***Confirm the branches in Rydoo (Admin > Branches) you want to link to your NetSuite subsidiaries have matching currencies.
Rydoo branch named "A" with currency EUR should be linked to the NetSuite subsidiary named "A" with base currency EUR.
If the currencies don't match, you won't be able to link the branch to your subsidiary. Adjust your branches until you have all branches with the correct currencies to be linked to NetSuite subsidiaries.
Step 9: Sync NetSuite with Rydoo
1. In Rydoo, go to Admin > Integrations then choose Branches (Subsidiaries) that you want to sync and click Save.
2. Click "Sync your categories from Netsuite" button to sync your Categories from Netsuite.
3. At the bottom of the page enable "Test mode for employee syncing" checkbox. This will import all users as inactive so none of your employees will receive a "Welcome to Rydoo" email before you are ready.
4. Click "Sync your employees for Netsuite" button to sync your Employees (and their Groups) from Netsuite.
REMINDER: For Supervisors, DO NOT CLICK the sync button yet.
Please follow these steps first:
1. select from the dropdown if Supervisors are to be synchronized as Approvers or Controllers
2. Click Save
3. After clicking Save, click the button to sync your Supervisors from Netsuite.
Check the following in Rydoo to ensure that information has been successfully synchronized from Netsuite:
list of Employees and Supervisors in Users Page (Admin > Users)
list of Groups in Groups Page (Admin > Groups)
list Categories in Categories Page (Admin > Categories)
If you encounter any issues contact your dedicated CSM for assistance or send a message to [email protected].
Some More Instructions
Enable Expense Reports and Expense Categories in NetSuite
As Rydoo posts expenses to NetSuite Expense Reports, it is required to enable this feature.
1. Log into NetSuite as an administrator
2. Go to Setup > Company > Enable Features > Employees > Expense Reports
3. If the checkbox next to Expense Reports is checked, you're done. If not, click the checkbox then click Save. Wait for the page to refresh.
Once Expense Reports are enabled you will be able to set Expense Categories.
1. Log into NetSuite as an administrator
2. Go to Setup > Accounting > Expense Categories
A list of Expense Categories would show up.
3. Click on "
New" button to create a new category. You may limit the category to certain subsidiaries and Rydoo will respect this setting importing expense categories.
Setup different connection settings
You will need to decide how many different settings you will need.
It depends on how different you want the integration to work for different subsidiaries/branches. If you want all of the branches/subsidiaries to sync the same information, you may just use one setting.
1. Navigate to Integrations page: Admin > Integrations
2. Select “Add new setting”
3. Set up Sync Preferences
4. When done, hit
Run sync manually to sync employees, departments, expense categories, and optional syncs you selected in the setting.
When the progress of synchronization completes, you're done.
If you encounter any issues with data syncing, please review the Netsuite FAQ page and SOAP Web Services Usage Log article for more information.
In case you already have a Rydoo account and considering using the NetSuite bundle, please reach out to your Rydoo Account Executive. You can find more information on the account migration process here.