- Prerequisites: Before you start
- Step 1: Find your NetSuite account ID
- Step 2: Enable Token Based Authentication
- Step 3. Link Rydoo branches to NetSuite subsidiaries
- Step 4: Enable Expense Reports and Expense Categories in NetSuite
- Step 5: Setup your first connection setting
Before you start
- Check your branches (Admin > Branches) and confirm the branches you want to link to your NetSuite subsidiaries have matching currencies. Rydoo branch named "A" with currency EUR should be linked to NetSuite subsidiary named "A" with base currency EUR. If the currencies don't match, you won't be able to link the branch to your subsidiary. Adjust your branches until you have all branches with correct currencies to be linked to NetSuite subsidiaries.
- Note that your employees do not need NetSuite access/license to submit expenses. When syncing employees to Rydoo, our integration checks active/inactive checkbox on employee card. Do not confuse with Give access checkbox, which gives user access to NetSuite and requires additional licenses. You don't need to set this checkbox for employees who will submit expenses through Rydoo.
- You can exclude some employees from Rydoo integration by setting "Exclude from Rydoo" checkbox.
- By default we set "Test mode for employee syncing" into an activated state. This will import all users as inactive so none of your employees receive a "Welcome to Rydoo" email before you are ready. If you've done with testing the integration, disable "Test mode for employee syncing" and Sync again.
- Check that your approval flow is on user level in Rydoo if you want to sync NetSuite supervisors.
- Go to Setup > Integration > Web Services Preferences ****and make sure your page size is set to 1000.
Find your NetSuite account ID and install bundle
The most obvious place to get your NetSuite account ID is the browser address bar.
- First you login to your NetSuite account.
- In the browser address bar copy the portion we show in the picture below (everything before .app.netsuite.com)
- Alternatively, you can go to Setup > Integration > Web Services Preferences and copy the account ID
- After you successfully copied your account ID, paste it into the NetSuite account ID field and hit Install bundle button.
- This will load Search & Install Bundles page in NetSuite. Please, confirm bundle installation. The bundle is installed when you can see the green check mark under Status.
If the Install bundle button didn't work for you, you may install
Rydoo Expense for NetSuite differently:
- Log into NetSuite as an administrator, go to Customization > SuiteBundler > Search & Install Bundles then search for "259729" which is the ID of our integration bundle. The name of the bundle should be "Rydoo Expense for NetSuite".
- If you already have the bundle installed, navigate to Customization > SuiteBundler > Search & Install Bundles > List ****and update it to the newest version.
Enable Token Based Authentication
- Go to Setup > Company > Setup Tasks > Enable Features > SuiteCloud > Manage Authentication
- Make sure “Token Based Authentication” is enabled
- If not - enable it and hit Save. Wait for the page to refresh.
- Add Rydoo WebServices role to an Admin User or create a new employee named, for example, "Rydoo Integration" with Rydoo WebServices role assigned.
- Now navigate to Setup > Users/Roles > Access Tokens
- Click New Access Token
- Select the application Rydoo Integration, the integration user (make sure that the Employee is always active. It's advised that a new employee is created as the integration user. If the employee does not have access. Go to the integration user's profile > Access > Roles > Rydoo WebServices). Lastly, select the role Rydoo WebServices, then press save.
- Copy the token ID and token secret to a saved location on your computer. NetSuite only shows those one time.
- Go to Customization > Forms > Transaction Forms > Search for Rydoo Expense Report from bundle 259729 > click on the report to retrieve the Form ID from the URL.
- Share the token ID and token secret to Rydoo Integration Specialist. We will check the combination of NetSuite account ID, token ID and token secret for correctness and will let you know if we have issues with authentication. Failed authentication could mean a mistake in any of the fields or that the 'Rydoo Integration' user is set inactive in NetSuite.
Step 3: Link Rydoo branches to NetSuite subsidiaries
If everything is fine with your authentication, you will see the next step of Setup Wizard.
On this screen you will be able to add branches and select corresponding NetSuite subsidiary. When done, hit
We need to check the enablement of some NetSuite features before moving further. Head over to NetSuite.
Step 4: Enable Expense Reports and Expense Categories in NetSuite
As Rydoo posts expenses to NetSuite Expense Reports, it is required to enable this feature.
- Log into NetSuite as an administrator, go to Setup > Company > Enable Features > Employees > Expense Reports.
- If the checkbox next to Expense Reports is checked, you're done. If not, click the checkbox then click Save. Wait for page to refresh.
Once Expense Reports are enabled you will be able to set Expense Categories.
- Log into NetSuite as an administrator, go to ****Setup > Accounting > Expense Categories. A list of Expense Categories would show up.
- Click on "New" button to create a new category. You may limit category to certain subsidiaries and Rydoo will respect this setting importing expense categories.
Step 5: Setup your first connection setting
Click on the existing item in the table of settings.
You will need to decide how many different settings you will need. It depends on how different you want the integration to work for different subsidiaries. If you want all of the branches/subsidiaries to sync same information, you may just use one setting.
Select linked branches.
Set Sync Preferences, Import/Export, Advanced Settings.
When done, hit
Run sync manually to sync employees, departments, expense categories and optional syncs you selected in the setting.
When progress of synchronization completes, you're done.