Before you start…
• Always set up and test Netsuite integration in SANDBOX ENVIRONMENT FIRST before moving to production. Apply all steps in sandbox and only move to production if all expected results were achieved and errors were fixed.
• Please keep in mind that the following are the ONLY information we obtain from Netsuite and ingress to Rydoo:
- Supervisors (as approvers or controllers)
- Tax Rates
• The following Rydoo set up requires manual maintenance via Admin access:
- Branches (Subsidiaries)
- Custom Fields
- Expense Rules
- Reject Reasons
• New Employees (Users) must be set up in Netsuite, not in Rydoo. After the employee profile has been created in Netsuite, the information can be synced to Rydoo.
• Best Practice: We recommend creating a new User in Netsuite dedicated for Integration instead of directly assigning the role to an actual Employee profile.
Step 1: Find your NetSuite account ID
The most obvious place to get your NetSuite account ID is the browser address bar.
- First you login to your NetSuite account.
- In the browser address bar copy the portion we show in the picture below (everything before .app.netsuite.com)
- Alternatively, you can go to Setup > Integration > Web Services Preferences and copy the account ID
Copy and paste the Account ID in a text file.
Step 2: Install Rydoo Expense Bundle
After you successfully copied your account ID, paste it into the NetSuite account ID field and hit Install bundle button.
- This will load Search & Install Bundles page in NetSuite. Please, confirm bundle installation. The bundle is installed when you can see the green check mark under Status.
If the Install bundle button didn't work for you, you may install
Rydoo Expense for NetSuite differently:
- Log into NetSuite as an administrator, go to Customization > SuiteBundler > Search & Install Bundles then search for "259729" which is the ID of our integration bundle. The name of the bundle should be "Rydoo Expense for NetSuite".
If you already have the bundle installed, navigate to Customization > SuiteBundler > Search & Install Bundles > List ****and update it to the newest version.
Step 3: Enable Token Based Authentication
- Go to Setup > Company > Setup Tasks > Enable Features > SuiteCloud > Manage Authentication
- Make sure “Token Based Authentication” is enabled
- If not - enable it and hit Save. Wait for the page to refresh.
- Add Rydoo WebServices role to an Admin User or create a new employee named, for example, "Rydoo Integration" with Rydoo WebServices role assigned.
Step 4: Create an Access Token
Now navigate to Setup > Users/Roles > Access Tokens
Click New Access Token
Select the application name: Rydoo Integration (Xpenditure Integration), the integration user (make sure that the Employee is always active. It's advised that a new employee is created as the integration user. If the employee does not have access. Go to the integration user's profile > Access > Roles > Rydoo WebServices). Lastly, select the role Rydoo WebServices, then press save.
Copy the token ID and token secret to a saved location on your computer. NetSuite only shows those one time.
Copy and paste the Token ID and Token Secret in a text file.
Step 5: Find your Rydoo Expense Report ID
- Go to Customization > Forms > Transaction Forms > Search for Rydoo Expense Report from bundle 259729
Set as "preferred", then copy and paste the Internal ID of the form in a text file.
Step 6: Send Netsuite Information to Rydoo
Save the text file with the following information:
- Netsuite Account ID
- Token ID
- Token Secret
- Rydoo Expense Report Internal ID
Send the text file to Rydoo Integration Specialist. We will test the combination of given NetSuite credentials and will let you know if we have issues with authentication. Failed authentication could mean a mistake in any of the fields or that the 'Rydoo Integration' user is set inactive in NetSuite.
Step 7: Set Up Subsidiaries in Rydoo as Branches
In Netsuite, dowload the list of Subsidiaries by going to Setup > Company > Subsidiaries
List down the names of Subsidiaries and their Internal IDs. You can also export the data, if preferred.
Note: Mare sure that parent subsidiaries are skipped or deleted on the export file. Subsidiaries in Rydoo do not have parent-child relationships.
For example: Based on the screenshot below, we will only list down:
Honeycomb Mfg. – 1
Test sub – 4
Honeycomb Holdings Inc – 3 was not included because it is a parent Subsidiary.
Log in to your Rydoo account, and go to Admin > Branches > Add Branch button
Enter Subsidiary names under Branch Name field, then enter Internal IDs of Subsidiaries under Branch ID.
Note: It is important that the information Branch ID is IDENTICAL with the subsidiary Internal IDs in Netsuite. Otherwise, integration will NOT work.
Step 8: Sync NetSuite with Rydoo
In Rydoo, go to Admin > Integrations then choose Branches (Subsidiaries) that you want to sync and click Save.
Click "Sync your categories from Netsuite" button to sync your Categories from Netsuite.
Click "Sync your employees for Netsuite" button to sync your Employees (and their Groups) from Netsuite.
REMINDER: For Supervisors, DO NOT CLICK the sync button yet.
Please follow these steps first:
- select from the dropdown if Supervisors are to be synchronized as Approvers or Controllers
- click Save
After clicking Save, click button to sync your Supervisors from Netsuite.
Check the following in Rydoo to ensure that information has been successfully synchronized from Netsuite:
- list of Employees and Supervisors in Users Page (Admin > Users)
- list of Groups in Groups Page (Admin > Groups)
- list Categories in Categories Page (Admin > Categories)
Some More Instructions
Enable Expense Reports and Expense Categories in NetSuite
As Rydoo posts expenses to NetSuite Expense Reports, it is required to enable this feature.
- Log into NetSuite as an administrator, go to Setup > Company > Enable Features > Employees > Expense Reports.
- If the checkbox next to Expense Reports is checked, you're done. If not, click the checkbox then click Save. Wait for page to refresh.
Once Expense Reports are enabled you will be able to set Expense Categories.
- Log into NetSuite as an administrator, go to ****Setup > Accounting > Expense Categories. A list of Expense Categories would show up.
- Click on "New" button to create a new category. You may limit category to certain subsidiaries and Rydoo will respect this setting importing expense categories.
Setup your first connection setting
Click on the existing item in the table of settings.
You will need to decide how many different settings you will need. It depends on how different you want the integration to work for different subsidiaries. If you want all of the branches/subsidiaries to sync same information, you may just use one setting.
Select linked branches.
Set Sync Preferences, Import/Export, Advanced Settings.
When done, hit
Run sync manually to sync employees, departments, expense categories and optional syncs you selected in the setting.
When progress of synchronization completes, you're done.
A Few More Items to Check...
- Check your branches in Rydoo (Admin > Branches) and confirm the branches you want to link to your NetSuite subsidiaries have matching currencies. Rydoo branch named "A" with currency EUR should be linked to NetSuite subsidiary named "A" with base currency EUR. If the currencies don't match, you won't be able to link the branch to your subsidiary. Adjust your branches until you have all branches with correct currencies to be linked to NetSuite subsidiaries.
- Note that your employees do not need NetSuite access/license to submit expenses. When syncing employees to Rydoo, our integration checks active/inactive checkbox on employee card. Do not confuse with Give access checkbox, which gives user access to NetSuite and requires additional licenses. You don't need to set this checkbox for employees who will submit expenses through Rydoo.
- You can exclude some employees from Rydoo integration by setting "Exclude from Rydoo" checkbox.
- By default we set "Test mode for employee syncing" into an activated state. This will import all users as inactive so none of your employees receive a "Welcome to Rydoo" email before you are ready. If you've done with testing the integration, disable "Test mode for employee syncing" and Sync again.
- Check that your approval flow is on user level in Rydoo if you want to sync NetSuite supervisors.
- Go to Setup > Integration > Web Services Preferences ****and make sure your page size is set to 1000.