Precondition in Netsuite:
- Feature Allow non-reimbursable expenses should be activated. In order to do so, you can go to Setup > Accounting > Accounting Preferences > Time & Expenses in Netsuite.
- Employees default Expense Report Currency should be equal to base currency of subsidiary.
- Certain accounts need to be created in Chart of accounts in Netsuite.
More on that topic described in SuiteAnswers. They are described as follows:
- Employees should have default account for corporate card expenses assigned on Employee card if you want Rydoo to automatically create payment methods linked to Netsuite accounts. If you don't have default, you need to manually map user payment methods to Netsuite accounts. To map payment method you need to select the proper bank account.
Corporate Card Expenses
You can designate expense lines as paid with a corporate credit card on expense reports. If you have more than one credit card account defined in Netsuite, you can select the default account in Accounting Preferences, on the employee record, and on individual expense reports. In Accounting Preferences, you can also select qa default account for personal expenses paid with a corporate card. For more information, see Time & Expense Accounting Preferences. For OneWorld accounts, see Set Subsidiary Preferences.
If you only have a single credit card account, the Default Account for Corporate Card Expenses preference field does not appear.
To use corporate card expenses, you must first customizwe your expense report form to include the relevant fields. For more information on customizing forms, see Creating Custom Entry and Transaction Forms and Configuring Sublist Fields.
There are two optional fields you can add to the body of your expense reports and one required field for expense line items:
- Account for Corpoate Card Expenses can also be marked as billable. If you use non-reimbursable expenses, when expense lines are marked as corporate card expenses they can no longer be marked as a non-reimbursable expense. You can disable non-reimbursable expenses by going to Setup > Accounting > Preferences > Accounting Preferences, on the Time & Expense subtab, under Expenses, clear the Allow Non-reimbursable expenses box.
Expense reports including corporate card expenses debit the expense account while crediting the selected credit card account. When reconciling a credit card statement in Netsuite, corporate card expenses show up automatically as a journal entry.
Employees whose companies pay corporate credit card bills directly can differentiate personal expenses charged to a corporate card using expense categories.
To use personal corporate card expenses, check the Personal Corporate Card Expense box on expense category records. When employees enter expense reports, they can select any personal corporate card expense category to indicate that the line item is not a company expense. Only one personal expense category may be used on a single expense report.
For non-reimbursed expenses to get exported you need to have at least one of the sub-settings to be set. If both paid with personal funds and paid via a company card is disabled -> non-reimbursable expenses will remain in Rydoo, and will be skipped during any export.
Paid with personal funds also includes non-reimbursable mileage expenses. Those expenses will be marked in Netsuite Expense Report as Non-reimbursable.
Expenses paid via company card will be marked in Netsuite as corporate card expenses.