Here you can find all steps to setup the connection between Rydoo and Quickbooks Online, how to choose the right connection settings and to export the data from Rydoo towards Quickbooks Online.
1/ Setting up the connection
- Click on 'Integrations', under 'Admin' in the navigation bar on the left hand side.
- Choose Quickbooks Online and click on the blue 'Connect'-button.
- Fill in your Quickbooks Online details and press 'Connect'.
- Follow the settings wizard. (You can edit the name of the default connection after you have saved.)
2/ What we import / export
- Rydoo will automatically import your 'Chart of Accounts' and place them under categories of that branch.
- If you want you can import your own Quickbooks Online Classes (imported in Rydoo under custom fields), Products & Services (imported in Rydoo under 'Projects') and Customers (imported in Rydoo under 'Custom fields').
3/ Choose your settings
- Choose how you would like to export your expenses. Both expenses and invoices can be exported as 'Expenses' or as 'Bills'.
- Choose how you would like to see reimbursable expenses in Quickbooks Online: Create a supplier of the merchant on the receipt: we will export your expenses and bills to Quickbooks Online and the merchant on the receipt will be used as a supplier in Quickbooks Online. Export reimbursable expenses from users to the right supplier in your accounting software: we will automatically create a supplier (if not existing) for the Rydoo user in Quickbooks Online and place all the personal reimbursable expenses under that supplier.
- Save your settings and do not forget to synchronise them afterwards.
3/ Link your bank account
If you have selected to export your data towards "transactions" of Quickbooks Online, you have to link your payment method in Rydoo towards the right Quickbooks Online bankaccount. To do so, follow these steps:
- Go to the 'Admin Settings'.
- Click on the menu 'User' and open the user for which you want to link his payment method towards a Quickbooks Online bankaccount.
- Scroll down to the payment methods of the users detail screen.
- Click on the payment method and you will have the option to link it to the right Quickbooks Online bankaccount.
4/ Export expenses to Quickbooks Online
- Go to the Expenses overview, in the role of Finance.
- Click on the blue button 'Sync to...' on top of the page.
- Fill in the end date and select a branch (if needed), before clicking on 'Sync'.
- Your expenses are being exported and you can follow the process in your reporting tab.
5/ Tips & Tricks
When you delete categories and you sync to your accounting program, they will appear again. To prevent this, disable the unneeded categories.