Per diem is a specific amount of money given to an employee to cover living expenses when traveling for work. There are two ways how to create a per diem in Rydoo: As Trip and as Individual Days. Below are the steps:
Go to Expense > click Add Expense and select Create Per Diem
As a trip option allows users to create per diem on multiple days. While the Individual Days are only for a single day's trip.
To create per diem As a trip
1. Select As a trip tab and choose the trip from the drop-down menu.
NOTE: If you haven't created your trip details, you can click Create new... option or go to the Trips page.
2. After selecting the Trip, details such as From, To, Start date, End date, local time, and the map containing your locations will be pre-filled. This is where we will base your per diem rates.
3. The rates and per diems that will be created will show as well.
NOTE: If per diems are not automatically created, click Enable daily travel per diems button.
4. Click Save.
5. Once saved, all rates populated (step 3 above) will show as individual expenses.
6. Fill in all required fields and click Submit.
If you get a warning with 'No Per Diems to be Created', see the article below:
To create a per diem Individual Days
Important! Creating individual days is available via Web only.
1. Select Individual days and the Trip from the drop-down list.
If you haven't created your trip details, you can click Create new... option or go to the Trips page.
The system will only allow you to select a trip that happened on a single day.
2. Select the day on the calendar, enter the region, and from and to fields. The map containing your region will be pre-filled. This is where we will base your per diem rates.
3. The rate and per diem to be created will show. Once done, click Save or Submit.