As Finance, you are the only role who could run an Accounting Report. In case you missed to click a report format you needed but the export file went on, there's no need for you to worry because we have a workaround.
Before we begin, I wanted to set your expectation as early as now that we can no longer make any changes to an exported file. The step below is an alternative way to help you achieve the file you needed.
Sample: Exported PDF but needed Excel format
1. Open the processed PDF accounting report, check the expenses that were part of it and get at least one of the Expense ID.
2. Double-Check the expense status by going back to Expenses > In the Search box, use Expense ID to locate the expense.
3. If expenses are set to Reported, use the filter section to sort the expenses per status = reported and expense date = date reported = (select the date when you processed the accounting report).
NOTE: You may add filter category as deemed necessary but the two mentioned above are commonly used.
4. Select all expenses and Un-Report.
5. Re-run the Accounting Report with correct file format this time.
For your reference, here's how to enable CSV and XML file formats.