A project is a set of tasks which varies per company. For example, an IT project may have as its objective implementing a new general ledger system. If your company requires to allocate expenses per project and allows users to create new projects on their end then you are on the right article. Here's how:
1. Go to Admin > Advanced Settings
2. Ensure that projects are visible to all expenses
3. Under User Settings, check/mark Allow users to create new projects in expenses setting > Click Save
What User Sees:
All users will see (+) plus icon in the Project field.
Once the plus icon is clicked, users will be required to enter a new project name.
- This setting applies to all users
- Any projects added in Expense page will be visible to everyone
- When this setting is turned off, only the Administrator can maintain the project list