Once Rydoo CSM confirms that the integration has been enabled, you can proceed to sync records in Rydoo.
New Employees (users) must be set up in NetSuite, not in Rydoo. After the employee profile has been created in Netsuite, the information can be synced to Rydoo.
You can exclude employees from the Rydoo integration by ticking the
Exclude from Rydoo checkbox.
Note: note that your employees do not need NetSuite access to submit expenses. When syncing employees to Rydoo, our integration checks the active/inactive checkbox on employee cards. This is not to be confused with the 'Give access' checkbox, which gives the user access to NetSuite and requires additional licenses. You don't need to set this checkbox for employees who will submit expenses through Rydoo.
To create new employees in NetSuite, open the "employee" page by going to Lists > Employees > Employees > New
How to create new employees in NetSuite
- Ensure that the key employee details are filled in
- Email address: mandatory field
- Name: mandatory field
- Initials of the user: mandatory field
- Currency: ensure that the currency configured in the employee profile is added as the main or secondary currency in Rydoo to ensure that the employee data and expenses are correctly synced
- Subsidiary (branches in Rydoo): mandatory field
Department (groups in Rydoo)
New 'Departments' can be added by going to Setup > Company > Departments > New
Rydoo has 2 levels of approval. A supervisor can be set as either 'approver' or 'controller' in Rydoo. If supervisors are set as approvers in Rydoo, controllers can be manually maintained with a CSV upload in Rydoo.
- Ensure that the 'exclude from Rydoo' checkbox is unticked if you wish to sync the employee record to Rydoo.
- Follow these steps in Rydoo: Admin > Settings > Integrations > Sync your employees from NetSuite. Enable testing mode while testing.
How to create groups in NetSuite
- Groups will be synced from "Departments" from NetSuite. Only departments which are assigned to users (users who will be synced to Rydoo) will be synced as groups.
- In Rydoo: groups will be synced when syncing employees. Admin > Settings > Integrations > Sync your employees from NetSuite.
How to create categories in NetSuite
- To sync categories, ensure the categories you want to sync to Rydoo are already created in Netsuite. New expense categories can be added in NetSuite by going to Setup > Accounting > Expense Categories > New
- In Rydoo: Admin > Settings > Integrations > Sync your categories from NetSuite
How to sync supervisors in NetSuite
- Check that your approval flow is on user level in Rydoo, if you want to sync NetSuite supervisors. To do this, follow the following steps: Admin > Advanced Settings > under App Settings > Approval “on user level”
In Rydoo: Admin > Settings > Integrations > Select 'approver' or 'controller' from dropdown list
Approver: 1st level
Controller: 2nd level
- In Rydoo: Admin > Settings > Integrations > Sync your supervisors from NetSuite
*** If supervisors are set as approvers in Rydoo, controllers can be manually maintained with a CSV upload in Rydoo.