In this article, we will explain the following topics about Rydoo cards on mobile:
Requesting a virtual card
1. Go to the cards module on the mobile app and select ‘Request virtual card’.
2. When requesting your first virtual card, you will see a pop-up asking you to fill in your phone number. When you make an online payment with a Rydoo card, you could receive an SMS message with a code to authorise the transaction. This is the reason why you need to make sure to have a valid phone number filled in.
3. You can choose to request a single-use or a multiple-use card.
With a single-use card, you can make a one-time payment.
With a multiple-use card, you can make multiple payments on a periodic basis. For example, it is possible to pay multiple different monthly subscriptions with one recurring card.
4. Fill in the details of the card you want to request and click ‘Request card’.
Card limit + currency: Amount and currency of the card limit. Currently, you can select EUR or GBP as a currency.
Name: Name of the card
(Frequency): For multiple-use cards, you can select the frequency:
Monthly: limit resets to the maximum the first day of every month
Yearly: limit resets to the maximum January 1st of every year
Total: user can do as many transactions they want, anytime, as long as they do not use all the spending limit, for example useful for bonus card or education budget
View card details: number, CVV, expire date
1. Go to the Cards module and select the relevant card.
2. By selecting ‘Show details’, you will see the card details.
Card number: Copy the card number by clicking the button highlighted below.
Valid thru: The date until when your card is valid.
CVV: 3 digit number required for online transactions.
Make a payment with 3D secure authentication
Some merchants may require additional 3D secure authentication to complete a transaction. For these cases, an SMS from Stripe may be sent to your phone to confirm the purchase. You may need to enter the SMS code and identify a transaction.
Freeze, unfreeze or terminate a card
Go to the Cards module and select the relevant card.
Freeze a card
If you want to temporarily stop your card from being used, select ‘Freeze card’. Once your card is frozen, we will block all payments.
If you froze the card, you have the option to unfreeze the card or terminate the card entirely.
Terminate or unfreeze a card
If you want to permanently stop your card from being used, select ‘Terminate Card'. All payments will be blocked. Please note that terminating a card disables it for future use and subsequent transactions tied to this card will be declined. This action is irreversible.
Approve or reject a virtual card as an approver
Go to the Approvals module. Now you can approve or reject cards.
a) You can approve by swiping right and reject by swiping left. You can also approve all cards by selecting the button 'Approve ... EUR'.
The user will receive an e-mail notifying them if the card is approved or rejected.
Activate physical card
To activate your physical card:
1. Select the physical card you want to activate.
3. Fill in the last 4 digits of your card.
View PIN of physical card
To view the PIN of your physical card:
1. Select the physical card you want to view the PIN of.
2. Select 'View PIN'