1/ Setting up the connection
- Click on 'Integrations', under 'Admin' in the navigation bar
- Choose Xero and click on the blue 'Connect'-button.
- Fill in your Xero details and press 'Login'.
- Authorize the Application connection for the right 'Organisation'
2/ What we import / export
- Rydoo will automatically import the chart of accounts for expense claims and purchase bills from your Xero organisation.
- Optional: If you use tracking categories within Xero, Rydoo is able to import these as well. Please select them in the import section of the integration page. They will appear as custom fields on the expenses and in the mobile application.
3/ Choose your settings
- Choose the branch from Rydoo (your company/branch) that you would like to connect with Xero.
- In the export section of the integration page you can choose how you would like your expenses to be exported.
- Personal/reimbursable expenses can be exported to the following sections of Xero: Expense claim: please make sure the Rydoo users are all set as Xero users and that the email address is identical in both systems. Purchase bill (most common): all reimbursable expenses will be exported as (purchase) bills with the name of the Rydoo user set as a supplier in the 'From'-field of Xero. You can choose which status you want the (purchase) bills to have in Xero. (draft / awaiting approval / awaiting payment)
- Company expenses can be exported to the following sections of Xero: Purchase bill (most common): all company expenses and invoices will be exported as (purchase) bills with the name of the merchant set as a supplier in the 'From'-field of Xero. You can choose which status you want the (purchase) bills to have in Xero.
- Transactions: With Rydoo you can have your company expenses and invoices to be exported to the transaction section of Xero. So you can easily reconcile them with your direct datafeed of your bank into Xero. To make sure your company expense are going to the right bank account in Xero, you have to link the payment methods of your Rydoo users to the designated bank account of Xero (see point 4)
4/ Link your bank account
If you have selected to export your data towards "transactions" of Xero, you have to link your payment method in Rydoo towards the right Xero bankaccount. To do so, follow these steps:
- Go to the 'Admin Settings'.
- Click on the menu 'User' and open the user for which you want to link his payment method towards a Xero bankaccount.
- Scroll down to the payment methods of the users detail screen.
- Click on the payment method and you will have the option to link it to the right Xero bank account.
4/ Export expenses to Xero
- Go to the Expenses overview, in the role of Finance.
- Click on the blue button 'Sync to...' on top of the page.
- Fill in the end date and select a branch (if needed), before clicking on 'Sync'.
- Your expenses are being exported.
5/ Tips & Tricks
- When you delete categories and you sync to your accounting program, they will appear again. To prevent this, disable the unneeded categories.
- If you have multiple accounts in Xero that need to be linked to different branches in Rydoo, you will need to set up a new connection per account.