Approval flow on user level
You can choose to assign approvers/controllers to individual users. This means you can choose the approver/controller for each separate user. This is the most flexible way of setting up your approval flow.
Example: Lisa, Meredith and Thomas belong to the German branch of the company and are all part of the Sales group. Lisa is an Account Executive and her expenses need to be approved by the AE regional manager and controlled by the CCO. Meredith and Thomas on the other side are Sales Reps and their expenses need to be approved by the SDR country manager and controlled by the general SDR manager.
Assign approvers/controllers to users
1. Go to Admin settings, navigate to the Approval flow page and set the Approval/Controlling flow to Users.
2. Go to Admin settings and to the Users page.
3. Select the approver/controller you want to assign to users.
4. Navigate to the Account tab in the user's profile.
5. Under Approver / Controller of, click on the +Add button
6. Choose whether you want this is an approver or controller.
7. Select the end users you want this approver/controller to be assigned to and save.
NOTE: You can also easily assign approvers/controllers in bulk. Learn how to do this here.