Approval flow on custom field level
You can choose to assign approvers/controllers based on custom fields.
Example: Izzy belongs to the French branch. Her usual expenses (e.g. office material, team diners,...) need to be approved by the French country manager and controlled by the CFO of the company. However, when she has specific expenses for project X (e.g. construction material for a specific construction site), these expenses should be approved by the construction manager of project X.
Assign approvers/controllers to custom field
1. Go to Admin settings, navigate to the Approval flow page and set the Approval/Controlling flow to Custom field.
2. Go to Admin settings and to the Users page.
3. Select the approver/controller you want to assign based on custom field.
4. Navigate to the Account tab in the user's profile.
5. Under Approver / Controller of, click on the +Add button
6. Choose whether you want this is an (conflict) approver or controller.
7. Select the custom field list items you want this (conflict) approver/controller to be assigned to and save.
NOTE: You can also easily assign approvers/controllers in bulk. Learn how to do this here.